CHARLOTTE LAWS - DREAM AND ACHIEVE TOGETHER
Relations Committee Meeting
Committee Members Present: Charlotte Laws, Abraham Tetenbaum, Vic Viereck, Lloyd Nelson, Carlos Ferreyra (Sharon Anton had an excused absence)
1. Systematic Code Enforcement Issue – notice to property owners is not timely and unpredictable. Creates conflict between tenants and landlord. Inspections are rare. Motion and unanimously passed to research this issue further. Carlos and Vic are assigned to this task.
2. Grievance Committee Members were randomly selected in the following order:
1. Peer Ghent
2. Carole H. Sher
3. Judy Price
4. Bobbie Fresh
5. Elaine DiBlasio
The following people are alternates in order of selection.
IF ANY OF THE PEOPLE WHO WERE SELECTED ARE SUFFICIENTLY UNAVAILABLE FOR MEETINGS (ACCORDING TO OPINION OF THE COUNCIL SECRETARY), HE OR SHE CAN BE REPLACED BY THE FOLLOWING IN THIS ORDER:
6. Grace Poster
7. Lloyd Sher
8. Scott Atwell
9. David Poster
10. John Spranza
11. Bob Torti
12. Stephen Gonzalez
13. Asta Criss
14. DeDee Torti
15. Barry Dantzscher
16. Rich Pisani
3. Director of Animal Welfare Position (DAW) for Valley Glen. Motion for Charlotte Laws to be the Director of Animal Welfare for the remainder of the political year. She will try to put together a plan, do outreach to the community to find a volunteer for next year and solicit opinions on what animal issues need to be addressed in Valley Glen. Motion passes unanimously.
4. Valley Glen Name Change Issue – to get the post office and local businesses to recognize and use the name "Valley Glen." Further investigation on this issue will be conducted by Charlotte Laws.
5. Alliance of Neighborhood Council Debates – Motion to include all candidates with at least $100,000. Letter to be written. Motion passes unanimously. Charlotte Laws will write letter and it will be presented at the next Government Relations Committee meeting for approval.
Next Government Relations Meeting – January 31, 2005 at Valley College. 6:50 pm (just prior to the General Meeting).
Following Government Relations Meeting is scheduled for March 1, 2005 at Enrichment Works. 7:00 pm. Any agenda issues need to be presented to Charlotte Laws as soon as possible.